full time position
Vacancy for an Assay Development Technician
“Will you support us making cancer a chronic disease?”
The basic role of the Assay Development Technician is to optimise existing assays and develop new assays required for oNKord® and CAR-NK quality control, aiming at use in combination with clinical production. The role is a combination of design and planning, hands-on lab work, and (time) management. The technician will optimize and develop assays covering molecular and cell biology techniques (e.g. PCR, Flow Cytometry / FACS, in vitro cytotoxicity) that are crucial to the release of oNKord® and CAR-NK for clinical studies. There is some room for specific areas of focus, depending on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
The technician will work closely with the CDO, Research and Development Scientists, the Quality Control Department, Quality Assurance, and will be expected to communicate effectively with different disciplines.
- Perform experiments following existing test protocols.
- Develop new analytical methods and related test protocols.
- Develop assays to predefined requirements.
- Analyze results and write reports.
- Write, review, revise quality documents (Work Instructions, Work Sheets, Standard Operational Procedures).
- Prepare presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Occasional general lab duties as requested.
- Contribute to assay validation.
- Other tasks if assigned by line manager.
As an Assay Development Technician, you have:
- Completed education as laboratory technician (BAsc), in medical biology, microbiology, biotechnology, or process development.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Background in analytical methods in molecular biology, cell culture, and immunology/virology.
- Knowledge of: q(RT-)PCR, mRNA/protein expression analysis, flow cytometry, cell culture.
- Experience with assay development.
- Interest in and experience with analytical and other laboratory devices.
- Ability to analyze and contextualize scientific data and write reports.
- Ability to plan and work independently.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, adhere to timelines.
- Skill in liaising between Departments.
- Preferably experience with Quality Systems and/or GMP requirements.
- Passion for translating scientific ideas and results into a clinical cell therapy product.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We offer a dynamic job with a lot of challenges, in which you can further develop your talents. You will work with smart and passionate colleagues in an innovative and growing organisation. Besides this, you can count on:
- A permanent contract;
- Competitive salary, after your first year your salary will be adjusted accordingly with your performance and dedication;
- Pension premium contribution;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays; and
- Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please convince us by sending your motivation and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.