Vacancy for a Research Technician
Full time position
Glycostem is looking for an enthusiastic Research Technician to help in various research projects within Glycostem.
The role entails a broad range of duties and the specific areas of focus will be dependent on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
One of the responsibilities is to ensure that the experimental work in the laboratory is running smoothly, by assisting the researchers’ experiments. Additionally, you will be asked to perform laboratory work such as aliquoting of solutions, handling cell cultures for both tumour cell lines and primary cells, performing standard tests (ELISA, qPCR, Flowcytometry).
The Research Technician will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of data and will be working with different analysis software like Kaluza software for Flowcytometry etc. Main part of the work consists of working with genetically modified cells and the Research Technician will be trained to work according to the regulations and rules. He/she will also be working with bacteria, plasmids, lentivirus-system, primary cells and cell lines, RNA, DNA and proteins.
The Research Technician will be part of an international team of researchers in the laboratory to ensure work is efficiency and efficacy. There will be a training period where the successful candidate will be taught all the necessary skills to perform the different tasks. Because of the high diversity in different projects related to your function, you will be communicating to the scientists on project basis but reporting to the CSO.
The Research Technician;
- will plan independently experiments according to a project plan and instructions by the researchers
- will perform research experiments supervised by research colleagues
- will analyse and report experimental data
- must be familiar with standard and advanced laboratory techniques
- must be able to work independently
- can seek guidance/leadership CSO and other research colleagues
- will interact and exchange information with other researchers
- will carry out laboratory work (aliquoting solutions, performing standard tests, handling cell cultures)
Education, skills and experience
The job as Research technician will be held by a person;
- with >2-years laboratory experience, preferably in a research environment of a company
- with degree in HBO or equivalent, bachelor in life-sciences
- who can follow strict protocols
- with good understanding of both written and spoken English language (we are an English-speaking company)
- with good computer skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and quick in learning new software programs
- with highly flexible attitude; we are looking for someone to grow in this company and its ambitions
- with very strong team working skills
- with experience in cell culture, molecular biology, protein biology and flow cytometry
Conditions of employment:
- After a successful trial period a permanent contract is extended.
- Competitive salary, after your first year your salary will be adjusted accordingly with your performance and dedication;
- Pension premium contribution;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays; and
- Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please convince us by sending your motivation and CV in English to Liana van Genuchten (HR@Glycostem.com). Selected candidates will be invited for a face-to-face interview with the line management.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at HR@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.