Vacancy for a Senior Development Engineer / Scientist
Full time position
The role entails a broad range of duties and the specific areas of focus will be dependent on the skills and experience of the person holding the role.
The basic responsibility is to ensure that Glycostem is developing processes according to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), which are beyond state-of the-art development activities, performed internally or with external partners from academia or industry. There must be a strong influence on managing translational projects and clinical applications.
The Senior Development Engineer / Scientist will work closely together with the Chief Operating Officer, Production, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Business Development and the research department.
- Managing development projects;
- Innovate and invent on novel procedures for cell production;
- Analyse results, write reports and provide management information;
- Interact with external suppliers and other parties; Transfer cell manufacturing procedures from development to production;
- Write, review and revise quality documents like manufacturing procedures, SOPs and work instructions;
- Lab duty, installation qualification and operational qualification and maintenance of equipment;
- Supervise students and trainees; and
- Keep updated on development and quality regulations, Research programs and scientific developments.
Education, skills and experience
The job as Senior Development Engineer or Scientist will be held by a person with:
- MSc, BSc in biotechnology, bioprocessing, biology or other related fields. PhDs with relevant experience are also invited to apply;
- Background in in advanced laboratory and analytical methods in cell culture, biotechnology and immunology;
- Experience in cell culture of mammalian cells in bioreactors and in flow cytometry;
- Preferentially experience in Good Manufacturing Practices;
- Organisational skills;
- Interest and experience in laboratory devices;
Conditions of employment:
- After a successful trial period a permanent contract is extended.
- Competitive salary, after your first year your salary will be adjusted accordingly with your performance and dedication;
- Pension premium contribution;
- Travel allowance or public transport reimbursement;
- 25 holidays; and
- Holiday pay.
Do you have what it takes?
Please convince us by sending your motivation and CV in English to Bianca Eve (Bianca@Glycostem.com).
We reply to you within 3 working days.
Want to know more?
E-mail our HR department at Bianca@Glycostem.com for more information about Glycostem and the selection process.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Please be aware that your application means that the information you provide will be shared by and with HR and the employees who are involved with the procedure. In case the procedure with you ends, your application and provided information will be deleted within four weeks after the moment you have been informed. Your name and date of application will be registered in our database for statistical use and status only. By applying you agree with and have taken notice of these conditions.